Garage Door Opener Parts

Old 12-14-04, 08:43 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Door Opener Parts

I hope the following info can help someone:
On my last post in November I requested help with my opener failure. I found that both the worm gear on the motor shaft and the driven gear to the chain sprocket were chewed up from ten years of use.

If you do a web search you will find that parts kits with detailed instructions are available on line. I paid $31.95 which included postage. It looks complicated when you first scan the instructions but if you folllow each step you will get the job done.

I also followed their instructions to set the door to close level. I did not realize that it was off balance to one side. This affected the closing force as well as drag during up/down operation. I also adjusted the setting to properly reverse the down motion if an obstruction (or child) is hit by the door.

Does anyone know what is the recommended lubricant for the ball bearings in the wheels? I have been using 10W-30 motor oil.
What should be used in the tracks? White grease?
Thanks for any info you can provide

Old 12-30-04, 03:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
3in1 oil is fine.do not use white grease,because it will get dust trash and stuff on it and then it gets into the wheels.i use wd-40 or a silicone spray.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: