garage type Game Room addition

Old 12-29-04, 07:25 PM
tjcouey
Visiting Guest
garage type Game Room addition

I am wanting to add a Game room on the the back of my garage. Currently we have a 24x24 two car on a slab which is unfinished. It has vinyl siding and asphalt shingles. I was wondering what the cost would be to build something myself very similar to this. I know that i could probably get away with a much lower ceiling but dont know where to start. This is the first time I have posted to this forum so if there is somewhere else that I should post please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 01-02-05, 08:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Are you converting part of your existing garage into a game room or are you planning on building an additon?

Old 01-02-05, 10:18 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, determine the size of the game room and any special features you want in it. You can take your plans to a local building supply store to get estimates on building materials to see if such a project is within your budget. Costs of labor and materials tend to vary from area to area in the country. Remember, there will be some things that you may have to contract out like plumbing and electrical. Any changes in your structure will have to be run by the local building inspector and the proper permits and inspections acquired.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: