Garage Door conversion kits

Old 12-31-04, 02:31 PM
Codewiz
Visiting Guest
Garage Door conversion kits

I have the old style garage door openers that don't have rolling codes.

It is a craftsman 1/2hp opener.

I purchased the rolling code conversion kits. I installed it and it works great. One problem. Cutting the old internal antenna didn't disable the old one. I can still take the old remote outside and get it to open the door. I took the whole circuit board out and I completely removed the soldered antenna from it.

No luck. Any way to disable or reduce the range of the old internal transmitter?

Old 01-03-05, 06:55 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt fuss with it. You may damage the board and then you would be stuck trying to find a new circuit board for an old machine, depending on the age, and what safety features it has, they may not make it anymore.

Old 01-04-05, 01:47 PM
Codewiz
Visiting Guest
Someone suggested soldering a wire to the antennae and connecting it to a ground. They said that should sufficiently kill the signal.

Honestly, this thing is 13 years old. It works perfectly. If I did break it, I would just buy a new opener. I just felt the conversion kits were a better deal at this time.

2 x Conversion kits = $70

2 x new garage door openers = $300.

If I just had one garage door opener then I would just purchase a new one but since I have to do two openers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: