reprogramming keypad door opener - help

Old 01-17-05, 10:53 PM
sparks n arcs
Visiting Guest
Question reprogramming keypad door opener - help

I just bought a home with a 1/2 hp craftsman door opener mounted in the garage. It works beautifully for the 9' uninsulated alum. door. The seller of the home passed away 1 week before I bought the property and her daughter sold it to me. She (the daughter) had no idea what the number code was for the keypad opener. Is their any way I can still use this thing or do I have to remove it and just throw it out?

Thanks

Old 01-18-05, 07:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
there is a learn button on the side or back of the motor.press and hold it till the learn indicator light goes out about 6 sec.all codes will then be erased.then reprogram each remote or keyless entry you wish.

Old 01-18-05, 01:58 PM
sparks n arcs
Visiting Guest
Many Thanks

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. I will definatley try this tonight.

Old 01-18-05, 02:30 PM
sparks n arcs
Visiting Guest
OK, I was able to erase all the codes in the reciever. I was able to reprogram the codes from the remotes into the reciever. But I don't know what I have to do to program a working numeric code for the keyless entry number pad. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Old 01-18-05, 03:06 PM
press and release the learn button on the motor unit,the indicator light will glow steadily for 30sec.
within 30sec,enter a four digit number on the key pad,then press and hold the enter button.
release the button when the motor lights blink,it has learned the code,if no light bulbs in it then you will hear two clicks.

Old 01-18-05, 09:22 PM
sparks n arcs
Visiting Guest
I appreciate your excellent advice. Went outside and had it working in less than 2 minutes. Works flawlessly.

Thanks again

Old 01-18-05, 10:37 PM
you are welcome!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: