old garage door..........

Old 05-02-05, 02:19 PM
problem
Visiting Guest
old garage door..........

First time I've been here to ask a question so......here it goes. I am retired and living in beautiful Nova Scotia. I was a "Drywall Mechanic" from Toronto and have done almost anything in the home build/renovation work for 30 years yet, I've never installed a solid metal "kick-out" garage door.

A fellow near me gave me his old door and hardware. I don't know how to install this old door. I've built the garage and it's passed inspection but I have no idea about this door. I've contacted "Stanley" but they can't help me with a copy of the manual or directions for this door.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Don

Last edited by problem; 05-02-05 at 02:21 PM. Reason: repeat phrase
Old 05-02-05, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage Door

Don:
Are you referring to the type of garage door that swings outward ?

Old 05-03-05, 06:51 AM
problem
Visiting Guest
jack the contrator

Thanks for the response to the garage door installation.

Yep, it's a older "Stanley" solid metal door that swings outward from the bottom. It is not a sectional door.

Old 05-03-05, 04:33 PM
Old Garage Door

One more question. Now does your door go back upinside overhead when you open it, or is it the barn type that just swings out like a house door and stays open ? Sorry about all the questions, but there are alot of different garage doors over the years.

Old 05-03-05, 07:47 PM
S
Here is a link that may assist you;http://www.holmeshelps.com/faq.html

Old 05-04-05, 05:09 PM
problem
Visiting Guest
Jack The Contractor

Yep, the door goes up overhead. I don't care about all the questions, I just need to figure this out.

Thanks,
Don

Old 05-12-05, 02:15 PM
C
Have you figured this out yet?

Don,

Let me know if you still need help figuring this out. My house has two 8' wide one piece metal doors. I believe they are Stanley doors.

I did not install these, so I'm not an expert at how they go together, but I have the advantage of seeing them assembled. If you need help figuring how something goes together, post back and I'll try to take some pics and post them up where you can see one that is assembled. Let me know the specific parts that you need help with and I'll try to get some closeup shots.

EDIT: Never mind...I just saw your other post that you found one local to look at. Glad you got it solved!

Last edited by chirkware; 05-12-05 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Just saw other thread saying problem solved :D

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: