Garage Door Weather Stripping

Old 06-11-05, 07:50 AM
jmartin26
Visiting Guest

I have a 18' wide garage door and I need to replace the weather stripping along the bottom. The bottom of the door is metal and has a single slot that the existing weather stripping slides into (it is very tight). Most of what I can find at Lowes or Home Depot nails in. They also have what appears to be a very stiff piece of plastic that slides into two slots (even if this would work it does not appear very good quality). I am looking for something close to what is on the door (pieces of it have broken off). I did find "2-3/4 inchX10` Garage Door Bottom Weather Seal by Thermwell Frost King SKU: u528703" on 'doityourself.com'. However, there is not a good picture. Is anyone familar with this type of weather stripping and where I can find it, assuming the above mentioned is not what I need. I also found a 'T-bulb' bottom seal at http://www.garage-doors-and-parts.co...ther-seal.html, but the web site only has a drawing, so again I cannot tell if this will work.

thanks

Old 06-11-05, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I would probably take the brand name of my garage door to someone who sells that brand. Then you can order the part through them. Thats what I would do. I doubt you will find it any other way. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: