Problem w/Overhead Door Codedodger

Old 08-06-05, 10:21 AM
Whistler
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Problem w/Overhead Door Codedodger

Greetings all.

I just moved into a new home that has an Overhead Door Phantom opener. Everything was working fine with it until I wanted to change the PIN on the Codedodger panel mounted outside the garage.

I followed the instructions that came with the panel, but the new pin just wouldn't operate the opener. So, I have tried resetting the panel per the instructions (i.e. holding PROG and 8 then fully opening cover etc), and tried to put in a new pin. At that point, I went to the opener to hit the learn button and go through that whole process, but the blinking light on the opener never goes steady or out (and subsequently learns nothing).

I'm getting a tad frustrated because I don't know what the problem is. My hunch is that something is up with the Codedodger not behaving the way it's supposed to but I have no idea what to do at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Overhead obviously has no customer service hours during the weekend.

Old 08-21-05, 07:17 AM
dirty-d
Visiting Guest
I believe with those openers, when programing the keyless entry, the cover should just cover the sensor on it and not be fully open. A very silly design if you ask me. I've had to program a few and they always take a bit of time. Keep trying you'll get it!
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: