Reinforcing a garage

Old 09-19-05, 02:06 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Reinforcing a garage

Hi there!
I am wondering about reinforcing the support for our garage roof. I believe the garage was rebuilt by the previous owners. But, I'm not convinced that it was done properly. The beams that run cross-wise are, actually, two beams nailed together in the middle (with very little overlap). And, we've noticed that there is a little sag in these beams where they meet! Are there any plans online or other resources to instruct me as to how I can better support the roof? Or, should I just find a contractor to come check everything out? Oddly, the garage did pass an independent inspection before we bought the house.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Old 09-20-05, 02:43 AM
I would have a contractor who builds garages come take a look at it. This usually is not an expensive project, but it does take expertise. I doubt if your independent inspector gave very much time to look your garage over very well. Did I say that correctly. You know what I mean. Have a good day.
My brother was in MPLS yesterday he could have looked at it for nothing. Good Luck

Old 09-20-05, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the advice Jack, and so quick too! Sorry to hear that I missed the free in-person advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: