Garage Door Opener won't close

Old 10-17-05, 09:15 PM
mayburypark
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Garage Door Opener won't close

This started this past summer,my GDO won't close using the switch and the remote.I don't have a problem opening it.Everytime I need to close it I do it manually.I can hear a click from the unit everytime I push the remote or the switch but it's not doing anything.Please help.I'm tired of puling down the string and the garage door everytime I need to close it.Thanks!

Old 10-18-05, 04:15 AM
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
What type of door opener is it, and does it have eye sensors located on each side of the door?

Old 11-10-05, 06:43 AM
mayburypark
Visiting Guest
Red face garage opener wont close

Thank You for your reply.It's a Genie 1/2 Hp and it has no sensors installed.Thanks!

Old 11-10-05, 03:23 PM
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mayburypark
Thank You for your reply.It's a Genie 1/2 Hp and it has no sensors installed.Thanks!
Sorry, Don't know much about Genie's other than to replace them. If is doesn't have eye sensors, It's old and may be time for a replacement. Unless anyone else may have an idea

Old 11-11-05, 04:23 PM
eatatjoz
Visiting Guest
Is this a screw-drive, or a Genie/Norelco trac-drive by any chance? No binding when lifted manually?

My first thought is the relay has gone out, and the points are burned. If that's what it turns out to be... go buy a new opener (especially if it is the trac-drive unit).

Let me know what type of opener it is and I will try to help as much as I can, but that thing is at least twelve years old, and you've probably gotten the full use of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: