Allister Access 3000

Old 11-01-05, 08:35 AM
dale in frisco
Visiting Guest
Allister Access 3000

Need help on garage door problem. I have an Allister Access 3000, 1/3 horse opener. It was installed when I bought house & I have no idea of its age. The door opens fine, however when closing with either the remote or the wall switch, the door starts down but stops abruptly and returns up. If I hold the wall switch down the door will close. There seems to be little in the way of adjustment or limit switches on the outside of the opener unit. Also the rollers appear to be angled in the track on both sides. Should the rollers sit in the track vertically?? Please tell me there's a fix other than a new unit. ALSO I can't find any documentation or information on this opener on the internet. Did the company go out of business??

Old 11-01-05, 03:54 PM
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by dale in frisco
Did the company go out of business??

Not yet, but I think they are about to. Try your door by hand and make sure it works good before adjusting the opener. Some Allister Access 3000 have Eye sensors, If yours does it is probably an eye sensor problem (loose or broken wire) Might need more down force, there is a flat head screw on the left side of the motor head (looking out of the door) turn it clockwise 1/2 turn at a time and try it. Yes the rollers in the track should be vertical, could be worn out rollers or hinges.

Old 11-03-05, 05:32 PM
dale in frisco
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Doorman!

Adjustments worked!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: