Garage Help - Wall Controller

Old 07-25-06, 12:55 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Help - Wall Controller

Garage Unit - Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp

Problem: Remotes Currently Work, Wall Controller does not.

This morning I found the garage door opened, I checked to ensure it was closed last night. Attempting to close the garage door from the inside wall controller didn't work. I was able to close the garage door with the outside controller and remote. The inside wall controller, lock, and light buttons do not respond. No lights present on the Controller button (Little green light). There was an electric storm last, but not so sure it is related due to the fact the remote/outside controllers still work.

I'm kind of hesitate to try to pop off the plastic wall controller, cause I'm not sure how it comes off. Don't want to break it off. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I did see this post http://forum.doityourself.com/archive/index.php/t-46509.html

Am I on the right track, or could this be something else?

Thanks,

Jakota

Old 07-26-06, 03:42 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
Yep, your on the right track. It is more than likely a push button wire problem. disconnect the wire from the opener. It's the red and white wire on terminals 1 and 2. then take a short piece of wire and connect the push button directly to the back of the opener, check for proper operation, if working you know the wire must be shorted somewhere from the opener to the wall. As for removing the wall control. if you can't see any screws holding it to the wall, you must have the newer type, pry the white square plastic cover off with a small flat screw driver, at the very top and center of the cover.

Old 07-26-06, 04:18 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try this weekend.

Jakota

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: