DIP Code?

Old 07-30-06, 10:20 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DIP Code?

I am trying to replace a lost garage door remote for my Craftsman Garage Door Opener. The instructions are telling me to locate the DIP switches and I have no idea what I'm looking for. I don't have an existing remote to look at. Is it a lost cause? I just can't figure this stupid thing out!

Old 07-30-06, 01:56 PM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
The dip switches are located on the circuit board where the wires attatch to the opener, If your model opener has them. Most newer openers have a smart button you press then press your remote button to program it. If your opener is fairly old, say about 15 years, it could have the dip switches, in that case you match the dip switches on the opener with the dip switches inside your remote

Old 07-30-06, 02:09 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
if you take the casing off of the actual opener, it should have a set of switches that should correspond to you new remote's manual or swithches themselves. if you find a button that makes a light blink or stay on for a duration of time then all you have to do is find the right remote that will work with the system and press the button while the light is lit. it might respond by flashing differently or might just shut off, but it should work your door after that. anything else try looking up your owner's manual online with sears.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: