Mooreomatic won't stop

Old 08-13-06, 01:35 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mooreomatic won't stop

Hello,

I have an old 1/2 hp mooreomatic ST5 screw type door opener. It used to stop at various places while opening. In order to get the door completely open I'd have to run it back down and up a few times. It would eventually make it all the way open.

I got tired of playing games with it and adjusted the tension at the clutch. This seemed to do the trick except now the motor won't stop turning after the door is completely open. I have to press the stop button.

The same thing happens while closing. I have to stop the motor at the right position.

There are adjustment points on each side of the motor housing labeled as "Open Limit" and "Close Limit". Can you help me to get this thing working properly?

Rick

Old 08-13-06, 02:30 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can't say I'm familiar with mooreomatic... Since I find little more than replacement transmitters on google - sounds like they're defunct.

*** first impression, your door needs a good servicing - get a professional out to look at it ***

By having cranked down the clutch, you've created an unsafe situation - the doors not going to reverse or slip in case it comes in contact with an object/person. This isn't a good situation.

I'd highly recommend you consider a new opener - continuing to use yours in it's current condition is asking for a lawsuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: