Wane Dalton BDOR 2000 not closing

Old 09-10-06, 11:10 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wane Dalton BDOR 2000 not closing

I have a self-inflicted problem with my garage door opener. Wane Dalton BDOR 2000. It was performing fine until I tried stopping it when it was coming down about halfway, assuming it has that safety feature when it stops and reverses direction when it hits something on its way. Either I was too forceful in my resisting the opener or it just doesnt work. Right after it has happened, lights started flashing and door would not come down at all. One of the plastic covers over the end of the torsion bar came off too. I disconnected the door from the opener and closed it manually, then I returned the handle in initial position and tried opening the door, it worked fine, but when I tried closing the door it went just halfway and it felt like it has hit something and returned upwards. I tried giving it some help while it was closing at the halfway mark and it worked i.e. door closed all the way. Did I mess something up as far as tension of the spring goes?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-06, 10:15 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
BDOR 2000 - is that what's written on the opener itself? Not a model I'm familiar with. How new is it? (Thinking it might be that new replacement to the quantum)

My guess is the cables have thrown, could account for most of the symptoms you describe. Take off the other cover (you mentioned one already popped off), Have a good look at the way the cables wrap on the drums, should be smooth concentric circles - no overlapping etc.

It could be the force settings are a bit out; when the door tries to close and reverses, how many flashes on the light?

Old 09-11-06, 10:12 PM
N
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Talking Thanks!

First of all thanks for looking and answering!

1. Yes that's hwat is written onthe opener - BDOR - 2000
and of course Wane Dalton
2. It is 5 year old
3. ... never mind!

I just tried to see hom many flashes and it's got scared and started working

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: