Plans for 16x20 garage

Old 09-21-06, 01:50 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plans for 16x20 garage

I'm looking to build a 16x20 garage at the cottage next summer. The garage will be for storage and summer use only. I am planning on digging down a foot and putting down gravel so the garage will be on poles put into the ground. I intend to make barn doors instead of a garage door. Also, I will probably put in a door and about 2 or 3 windows.

Pretty much something simple with a low pitch roof. Does anyone have plans or know where I can get cheap or free plans and/or blueprints for something like this? Thanks.

Old 09-22-06, 04:55 AM
W
Received 65 Upvotes on 56 Posts
Garage

The way you have described your plan of construction, I would look for pole barn plans.
Basically, you will install the posts and then install horizontal stringers to attach the siding. The easiest way to attach these stringers is to nail them on the ouside of the posts. The top stringer at the top of the post will have a 2x4 laid flat on top of the stringer to provide a support for the rafters or trusses.

Old 09-22-06, 05:42 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check your local lumberyard (not big box store) - they often have plans for simple structures, and they can help you order trusses. I agree with Wirepuller, sound like a small pole barn.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: