Garage Door from the original Overhead Door Company

Old 02-27-07, 02:08 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Door from the original Overhead Door Company

I don't see where Overhead Door Company is mentioned much on this site. Are their doors not as well built or too expensive comared to others listed more frequently like Clopay, Wayne Dalton, Amarr etc. Thanks

Old 02-27-07, 03:12 PM
Overhead door is not a name of a door. It is a name of a franchise company that handles Raynor garage doors. They also repair all makes of garage doors, as well as install hugh rollup doors for garages, quansets and farms. They will fix most any make of garage doors.

Old 02-27-07, 03:20 PM
C
Originally Posted by Jack the Contractor
Overhead door is not a name of a door. It is a name of a franchise company that handles Raynor garage doors. They also repair all makes of garage doors, as well as install hugh rollup doors for garages, quansets and farms. They will fix most any make of garage doors.
When I go to the Raynor website and do a dealer locator it does not show The Overhead Door Company in my city not does it show any Overhead Door Company in the state of Virginia. When I asked the guy yesterday he told me they sell their own line of doors. Interesting you say they sell Raynor based on this. Maybe they sell it as The Overhead Door Company but it is made by Raynor and if I go to a dealer that sells Raynor their is a slight difference in the doors themselves. Uum!

Old 02-27-07, 03:59 PM
M
Overhead door does in fact have it's own lines of doors - however it's franchises often sell other brands as they're often less expensive. I believe their doors are listed on their website...

I've noticed their doors bear remarkable similarities to the Northwest door products - but I've yet to find inclination to find 2 sections and compare.

Old 02-27-07, 04:37 PM
The Original Overhead Co. does indeed manufacture their own line of doors.

As with most of the manufacturers, Overhead makes some very cheap doors and several very good models. Their 2" double steel insulated door is in the "very good" column. It's very similar to Amarr's Olympus door.

The best advice I can offer is to avoid "builder-grade" (cheap) doors. The better models are going to last a long time no matter who made it. The door should come with a lifetime warranty against rust and delamination (assuming it's a metal door you're shopping for).

Don't worry so much about who makes the door. Concern yourself with who installs it. A bad installation will make the best door run poorly and break down. I see it several times a day. Use a reputable door dealer in your area... one you can be pretty sure will stand behind their work. Check for BBB complaints, Angies List (if they're in your area) or other local consumer organizations. Ask family and neighbors who they use and how happy they are with the service they've received.

Hope that's a little help.

Old 02-27-07, 04:56 PM
I owe you an apology. Overhead door does not handle Raynor doors. My brain was doing a building estimate. Overhead Door does have their own line of doors. Do not buy the cheap ones. Sorry about the mistake on my part.
Have a good day.

Old 02-28-07, 07:49 AM
B
Overhead Door is a very reputable company, but to buy the doors and have them installed, they quoted me twice the price from the company i got it done from. I had a friend tell me a similar quote when he got his done. The company I had do mine is a local that is very reputable and does most of the new construction around here. But he only does residential type jobs and doesnt get into the large commercial/industrial types.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: