Garage Opener Light

Old 09-01-07, 07:32 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Opener Light

I looked back four pages and didn't see anyone with this problem. I can't get the light on my older Craftsman opener to turn off unless I unscrew the bulb. The door opens and closes fine so there's nothing obstructing the sensors. I'm baffled because I just put the bulb back in last night for the first time in months. I hung out outside until the light went off. Nobody has been in the garage (or the house) since. Tonight I was out with the dogs and noticed the light was back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-01-07, 08:53 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Some models have a wall plate that acts as a light switch and an opener. If yours has a seperate light switch, try turning it off at the opener switch and see if it returns it to normal timed operation upon use of the door.

Old 09-03-07, 04:12 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
A newer opener's light will come on whenever the door is open and something blocks the eye sensors, like a dog, person or car. It triggers the light to be on for 4-5 minutes. However you said it was an old opener, with eye sensors. They did not have that light option, which tells me it is probably a faulty circuit board and will need to be replaced if you want the light to work properly

Old 09-07-07, 02:59 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I appreciate your help, but I have embarassing news. This is a house I'm trying to sell, so when the agents bring their people through they turn on the light in the garage, which hangs right behind the opener, they often forget to turn it off. I usually enter using the remote so the light for the opener is on when I come in and I thought it was on the whole time. I often leave through the front door and by habit I hit the switch for the regular light. Well, it turns out I have been fooled all this time by the stinkin' garage light. Everything works fine, except me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: