garage door: remote not working

Old 09-13-07, 12:15 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
garage door: remote not working

Both of my garage door opener remotes stopped working (don't know if at the same time or not) a few weeks ago (I should have done this earlier, but I was lazy). I can still open the garage door with the switch and it works fine. So, I guess the problem either lies in the antennae or the remotes. What to do next? (I am very new to fixing things and may need detailed advice).

I appreciate your help.

Ashish

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-07, 12:25 PM
M
You find the documentation for the remotes and the unit. Usually there is a button on the unit that must be held while you depress a button on the remote to 'program' the remote to the unit. If that is your problem it will fix it.

Old 09-13-07, 01:13 PM
A
I will go home today and see if i can find any documentation. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-13-07, 01:40 PM
C
Received 76 Votes on 60 Posts
even if you can't find the documentation that came with your GDO, just get the make/model and go to the manufacturer's wegb site. Most will have the manual there.

For your remotes - first thing replace the batteries if you haven't already done so. If that didn't fix it, reprogram the remotes as mdtaylor suggested. If that doesn't work,. you may have a receiver problem with the GDO.