"U" Channel For Door Bottom

Old 10-12-07, 11:44 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 1,626
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
"U" Channel For Door Bottom

9x7 insulated wood door, Phenix I think. They have the rubber strip nailed to the bottom of the door.

Doors are almost 20 years old in great shape except for one. I had some carpenter ants chew a small area on the bottom that then got wet and is softened up a little.

A friend tells me they make a "U" shaped aluminum channel that slides up the bottom of the door, about 3", then I think he said a rubber seals slides on the bottom of this channel. He said they're about $20 each, not sure if that includes the rubber seal or not.

Anyone know anything about this set-up?

I searched the internet but it's hard to find something when you don't know what it's called.


Old 10-12-07, 11:53 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,371
Received 61 Upvotes on 53 Posts

Try "door sweep". Good luck with your project.
Old 10-12-07, 03:19 PM
Doorman2722's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 930
Received 37 Upvotes on 37 Posts
Try searching for a "Retainer", I have never seen a metal one "U" shaped, but Find a Wayne Dalton dealer near you, they have black plastic ones that slide over the bottom of the door and screw on, Just make sure to give them the thickness of the door

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: