Garden tool organizer

Old 05-23-08, 02:39 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garden tool organizer

I'm finally finishing my new workshop and am trying to figure out how to store my garden tools. By tools I mean 4 shovels, 3 rakes, 2 hoes, mulch fork, turning fork, post hole diggers, and an axe. There may be three or four others that I have forgotten.
In my previous garage I built 7' high cabinets along one wall. Each was 36" wide. In the first I installed a shelf about 4' from the floor. The shelf had a hole cut in it approximately 4inches by 24 inches. I was able to insert the handle of the tools through this hole and keep them somewhat organized.
Does anyone have a better idea? I would like to be able to keep them behind some kind of door to make them less noticable.
I realize that I may need 2 or 3 cabinets to house all of my garden tools.
Any thoughts?

Old 05-26-08, 04:00 PM
J
Tool hangers/organizers range from dirt cheap and junk, to very expensive. They all do the same thing, get the tools up off the floor. Maybe a shallow cabinet is right for you, from your description of the previous garage.

Old 05-26-08, 04:18 PM
B
Thanks Bill for the reply. The shallow cabinet is what I'm thinking about. Maybe a lower shelf with 2" holes in it and an upper shelf with more 2" holes.

Old 05-26-08, 04:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I don't bother to hide my tools in the shed and just let the business end rest on properly placed nails. If you go with the shelf w/holes - just make sure you have enough ceiling height to easily put up anything with long handles.

Old 06-02-08, 02:16 PM
B
Originally Posted by marksr
I don't bother to hide my tools in the shed and just let the business end rest on properly placed nails. If you go with the shelf w/holes - just make sure you have enough ceiling height to easily put up anything with long handles.
Thanks for the tip Mark. I can just imagine not giving the tool handles enough space.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: