Remote and keypad stopped working...

Old 09-23-08, 04:27 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remote and keypad stopped working...

One day my "car remote" stopped working so I tried a new battery which was not the problem. Then my wife's remote stopped working a few days later...tried a new battery, was not the problem. A few days later, my keypad on the outside stopped working. I then got out the manual and tried everything, as far as reprogramming and the like...no luck!!! The door works fine with the main control but somehow/someway, all of the "remotes" lost their codes and I can't fix it! I hate to have to schedule a service call so if anyone on here could somehow lend me some help, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thankyou!

Old 09-23-08, 08:03 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I suspect that your remotes and keypad are fine. However, the receiver either lost it's memory or went bad. Since you tried reprogramming without sucess, I think the receiver needs replacing.

Old 09-23-08, 03:01 PM
W
That sounds like something that I would be unable to do! What would replacing the receiver entail? Thanx for the response.

Old 09-25-08, 10:20 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The receiver is probably contained on a single board, inside the cover which houses the motor. On my Overhead brand opener, it's as easy as removing the cover, unplugging a connector, removing a screw, pulling out the board, and then reversing the process with a new receiver board.
If you decide to do it yourself, be sure to unplug the 120 volt cord before you start.

Old 10-31-08, 06:47 AM
W
Thankyou Goldstar!!!

This is why I just love this site!!! I am so "unmechanically inclined" that it's not even worth talking about, but I CAN read direction's and with the help of people like Goldstar, I also go into a "project" with the confidence that I can do this and I'm fixing the right part! Thanx again, Goldstar and keep up the great work!!! Oh, I neglected to mention that it was the receiver board! I ordered a new one and installed it (quite easy if I do say so myself lol) with no problems, reprogrammed my remotes and VIOLA...everything back to normal!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: