help finding garage plans

Old 11-16-08, 12:27 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
help finding garage plans

Hi all,
my question is this. I am looking to build a garage approx. 30x40 I have found alot of plans out there but none of them come with a engineer stamp. I live in Califonia where this is required. The people with the plans tell me just to have them stamped. I am curious how much this costs and is there a source that maybe I could get a set of blueprints already stamped. I know this can't be that hard as everyone has garage. I must not be searching in the right place. Thanks alot for any help you all can provide.

Old 11-16-08, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Bite the bullet, take the plans for the garage you like to a local engineer and have them reviewed. CA will prob have diff rules for things and many companies don't want to make the adaptations just for one rock and roll state.

The Engineer will make whatever changes are required and charge you $300-400 maybe. A 30 x 40 garage? The amount he'll charge is minor to be able to get through the permit process smoothly.

You might even ask at the office for permits if they have any recommendations on who to go to. Kickbacks aren't only for people in NYC/NJ ya know...lol.

Old 11-20-08, 09:25 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
and lets clarify that you cant just get pre-stamped drawings a print a copy of them. it has to be a "live" stamp and signature which is usually accompanied by an embossing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: