Programming Stanley Garage door opener

Old 12-26-08, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Programming Stanley Garage door opener

i've been at my house for about 3 years now and a couple months ago the door stopped working.
while working on my car, i usually unplug the safety sensor beam so i dont have to hear a 'BEEEP' every time i walk in and out of the garage for a tool or whatever.
i've done this numerous times and it hasnt effected anything. i plugged it back in and the opener wouldn't work.
tried the remote and the wall button, nothing
i pushed a few buttons on the back (see pic below) thinking i had to reprogram it, no luck. the only thing that happened was the lights were blinking really fast, so i cut the power to it from the breaker and now the garage door wont do anything.
i tried holding the 'learn down' button as well as the 'move down' button and got the trolly down to the 'down' position, but i can't move it back up the same way (using the learn up and move up buttons)

i looked all over for the model number, but there is nothing on the unit.
hopefully a pic of the buttons and the plethora of knowledge on this site will be enough to get my door working again

thanks DIY!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-08, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Looks like this may apply

Stanley Quiet Glide (Chain Drive) SecureCode Limit Travel Programming Instructions

And this page has the remotes. I'd guess you can get the number for those.

Stanley Programming Instructions and Owner's Manuals

Old 12-26-08, 10:05 AM
just tried that
cut the power at the breaker
garage is in the down position
held 'learn up' and 'up' buttons at the same time
lights on unit as well as the red light started flashing
kept holding, got nothing.
released both
lights flashed twice as fast until i pushed the 'learn up' button once

any more ideas?
i hate not having a garage door opener, lol

Old 12-26-08, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
I'm pretty much out of ideas. Never dealt with Stanleys, don't know who made 'em. It was just a name put on by a couple of diff makers. Been out of business for a while.

If you wanted to, you can buy the manual at the site I posted. I'm sure the flashing lights mean something, but I have no idea what.

There's a couple of guys who are more familiar with Stanleys, but since its the Holiday weekend, dunno if they'll be around.

Old 12-26-08, 10:17 AM
well, its been like this for a month or so, i guess its no big deal to wait and see what folks have to say about it

thanks for the help

Old 12-28-08, 02:22 PM
Dernit, i want to edit my original message. i found the sticker with all the info on it (forgot to check all 4 sides....)
anywho, here it is

i have tried holding 'learn up' and 'move up' at the same time, the lights just steady blink. holding 'learn down' and 'move down' do nothing either. if i hold 'learn down' and TAP the 'move down' button, the door inches down.

i unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. tried same as above, got nothing. decided to hit the wall switch and see what happened..... the trolley moved farther down and is now about 1" away from being jammed into the pulley.

i have a feeling that the only thing preventing the fix is instructions, lol (go figure)

thanks again DIY

Old 12-29-08, 04:15 PM
Slowy go to this website and follow the instructions. I think it will get you going.

Stanley SecureCode transmitter programming instructions