Garage Door Opener Not Working/No Power??

Old 02-04-09, 05:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Garage Door Opener Not Working/No Power??

I recently had my garage door opener intalled and it worked while the guy was here, but later that night it would not work. I called the people who installed it and they refused to come back out and look at it (never using them again!!) . It's a craftsman 1/2 HP model # 139.53985D. It almost seems like theire is no power going to the unit, but I checked the breaker and the plug and they are working. The lights will not even come on. It's not the sensors, they are also working fine. Both lights are lit and none are blinking. The light on the wall mounted door control is off and the car openers and the ouside opener are not working either. I disconnected the wall mounted door control from the unit and tried the car remote and that didn't work (suggestion from another post). Any ideas or is it just fried and I wasted $200 on installation and $200 on the unit??

Old 02-05-09, 09:58 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If it's still in the 90 day warranty, I would contact Sears. It could be the motor overload breaker kicked out and is not resetting. Have you unplugged it and waited five or ten minutes before replugging and testing? You say the lights are working which means power to the unit.

Old 02-05-09, 04:13 PM
D
When you disconnected the wall control did you disconnect at the motor unit or at the wall. Sounds to me like the wiring fron the motor unit to the wall control could be shorted. The wires go to terminals 1 and 2. They are also color coded. Number 1 is plain white and number 2 is white with a red tracer.

Old 02-05-09, 04:16 PM
D
Aaagh. I got that wrong. Terminal 1 has the red tracer and terminal 2 is plain white. You can just remove the wire at terminal 1 to test this.

Old 02-06-09, 07:17 PM
M
It's over the 90 day warrenty. I bought it last apr and just now got around to getting it installed! The lights on the unit are not working but the sensor lights are on. I disconnected the wall control from the motor unit and the car openers would not work. I will try only disconnecting the red wire and see if the car opener will work. I also have not tried unplugging it for 5-10 min.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: