Sears garage door remote not working

Old 06-16-09, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sears garage door remote not working

Hi all,

I have a garage door opener and today one of my remotes ( I have 2) stopped working. I thought it was the battery so I replaced it and it still does not work. Is there a way to re-program the one while not disturbing the one that works?

I push the button on the remote and the door opener has an amber light that flashes repeatedly if I hold the large button on my remote.

The model on my remote says 139.18791B and it is made in Canada ( 11/97)

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-09, 04:29 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
It probably for some reason has lost it's programing, just re program it. Push the button on back of opener next to the "amber light that flashes repeatedly" you were talking about and then press button on remote

Old 06-17-09, 06:01 AM
Group Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 29 Posts
The last Craftsman opener we had worked pretty well for several years and then slowly lost programming ability. Started out with three devices, then two, then one. Remotes were good, but central brain lost capability to remember the additional ones. You may have the same issue so don't be surprised if you still have problems after a re-program.

Old 06-20-09, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your transmitter

You do not say what model operator or receiver you have. Typically receivers do not loose the ability to program over time as stated in the other response. More than likely your transmitter is damaged. If your operator has an led light next to the program button it should illuminate when your transmitter button is pressed. Try it with your good transmitter and see if you can see where the LED is located and verify that it illuminates when your good transmitter is pressed. Then try with you bad one.

To find out what model you have go here:
Programming Door Opener Instructions, Programming Remote Controlled Door Opener

There you will be able to print the instructions for your particular operator.