genie excelerator no movement

Old 07-04-09, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
genie excelerator no movement

Good evening gents,

I stumbled across this forum and I'm hoping you'll can help me. I recently had my garage door, equipped with a genie excelerator garage door opener, stop working. It will not go up or down from either the wall or the hand remotes. Here is the rundown of the situation.

If i press the button on the wall it kind of clicks and does nothing. If i walk over to the device I can see one steady blink, then pause, then blink, etc. In the manual it states that it could be a few things, starting with the garage door being off. Nothing hit the door, and nothing changed, not to mention i don't even know how to check this unless it was majorily off the track.

Other options include checking the fuse. I looked at the fuse, but to be honest i'm not sure what a good fuse looks like on a garage door, vs a bad fuse. it doesn't appear blown to me.

I checked the ribbon connecting the two boards and all's well there as far as connection is concerned.

Lastly, the button on the wall which allows me to turn on the lights works just fine, on and off. i'm not sure if that means anything, but thought i'd toss it on there.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I don't know if i should replace one of the circuit boards, or if there is another option worth pursuing.

Thank you all for your assistance if you can be of any.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-09, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
First, pull the emergency release to disconnect the door arm from the trolley. Then open and close the garage door by hand. It should easily and smoothly open and close. If not, first make certain that no one accidentally locked it, and then, especially if it has a torsion spring (across the top of the door opening), call a pro for repairs.

Old 07-05-09, 12:07 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
If the door moves easily when released just to be sure replace that fuse.

Old 07-05-09, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ray,

I can release the lock and then slide the door all the way up and down w/o issue. no hangups at all. Thanks for your input.

I'll try the fuse and report back.

Thank you