Garage door stops during open or close

Old 07-16-09, 08:24 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Garage door stops during open or close

My garage door opener is about 11 years old but has been serviced and the spring replaced last year. A few months ago I began having the problem of the door stopping sometimes midway or a fraction during opening or closing, either from the remote or wall button. Pressing and holding on the wall button seems to work (door closes or opens all the way) but I'm not really sure if it's just a coincidence. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Old 07-16-09, 09:54 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Make and model of opener would be a big help. Check the opener for up force and down force adjustment screws. Try adjusting in the "+" or more force direction, a quarter turn at a time.

Old 07-21-09, 03:40 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1. disconnect the door from the opener at the emergency pull.
2. operate the door manully, full open, full close. It should open close with about equal force with no bumps, stops, catches, etc. If it does not, find the cause. Usually binging rollers, damaged track, binding hinges, improperly adjusted springs, etc.
3. run the opener with the door disengaged. is should run in both directions with no problems.
4. re-ingage opener trolley. Re-adjust up/down force and travel adjustments per manufacturers suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: