garage door is not closing well

Old 01-10-10, 06:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
garage door is not closing well

My problem is the garage door is not closing frequently (while opening part is fine).
When I pressed the close button, the door started to move for close, but after a very short travel, the door went back to opening position. During this period, it seemed like the trolley was stuck after a short move - the trolley is not moving smoothly near the motor side and the light is blinking several times. Since my garage door is not closing well, I pulled the trolley arm for manual mode and then tested to see the trolley is moving fine or not. I have found the same problem that means the problem is not related to the door - I mean the problem looks like trolley itself plus trolley rail.

Does anyone have any clue?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-10, 07:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If when the door reverses the main light is flashing 10 times you have a door sensor problem. Make sure the sensors are pointed at one another, there is nothing blocking them and that the small light on each one is lit and not flickering. If they are pointed at one another and the small light does not come on then your sensor is bad.