garage door options

Old 01-12-10, 03:00 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arrow garage door options

I'm moving into a place here in Tampa FL, that is owned by a family member. The deal is we live rent free, we do the home improvement schtick.

Most of the stuff is no sweat, but the garage has me stumped. The garage is very old but plenty sturdy and has apparently never had a door or doors on it. I'm gonna need one. The problem - the doorway is small, 6'4" high and 7'9" wide. Most door kits are 7' x 8' minimum. Barn doors are not an option as the concrete driveway does a slope up in front of the garage. Accordion style doors that fold outward wouldn't work either for the same reason.

What are my options? I know you can get people out to do a custom garage door, but frankly I'm not looking to spend a lot of the project. Any ideas?

Old 01-12-10, 04:10 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Another hitch, for FL, you need a hurricane rated door, not inexpensive, and the problem is compounded by the size.

Old 01-13-10, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Possibly a rolll-up door...like what they have in rental storage units? They can be made almost any width and heigth. You need to ensure you have enough headroom for mounting inside of course.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: