Need a little advice/help--Please?

Old 01-16-10, 08:48 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need a little advice/help--Please?

Hello everyone!!

I decided to purchase an exterior carport several months back, which is 18x20 in size. Let me start off by saying, " I'm in NO WAY a carpenter", but with a little guidance I should be able to gain the knowledge as to where I should start. Now, that the cold spell has left our area and we are back in the 40's(Temp) I want to enclose the aluminum structure. Basically, I want to put a 7x10 garage door on front, NO EXIT DOORS, possibly 2 windows, but the main area I'm needing help with is what to finish the other 3 sides with? Should I just go get the exact type of material the roof is made of ( The aluminum/galvanized # 2 Painted Galvanized 29Ga) and screw it to the 2 sides and back? Honestly it just doesn't make me think it would be very STRONG if I did it that way?? However, another thing you guys need to keep in mind is $$$$MONEY!! I need to go CHEAP as possible? I'm currently LAID-OFF, so money is tight!! The other idea I had was to is to use some sort of wood first to enclose it( Here's where I need HELP-PLEASE?), then when the money starts to flow in again, I could later down the road COVER my wood work up with # 2 Painted Galvanized 29Ga EXACT COLOR as ROOF to make it look half way pleasant to the eyes!! Anyways, where do I start? CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP?? Could I use Plywood sheet?? If you need pics of the carport let me know--I get it on here!!! All Help is appreciated--Thanks!! Lonesome and Down in West "By GOD" Virginia-------One last thing to keep in mind, I'm in the STICKS/BACKWOODS, so it doesn't have to look like a piece of MOZART's work(

Old 01-16-10, 12:08 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Carport Enclosure

Post some pictures so we can see what you see. My first thoughts would be wood framing covered with OSB and vinyl siding.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: