Craftsman Door Interruptor Cup shakes loose

Old 01-28-10, 03:11 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Door Interruptor Cup shakes loose

I have a 139.53644SRT Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener. I placed a new Interruptor Cup (Cap) on the end of the motor and as long as it is on, the door works fine...vibration causes the cap and the wire harness connector pins to loosen & the door doesn't open entirely. Bolts look secure. Any repair ideas? Thank you.

Old 01-29-10, 12:47 PM
D
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
What was the reason for the new IC did you change the RPM sensor? I know they come with a new IC. Some of the older ones were smaller than the new ones. Is the IC hitting anything causing it to work loose? Does it have a metal ring to reinforce it? They don't normally come loose. Also if you changed a gearkit and replaced an E ring with the lock collar the IC will not have enough room to fit all the way on the shaft. Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-10, 02:10 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If your problems started after a drive gear replacement follow these instructions.

You probably did not have the motor shaft pushed all the way back when you tightened the coupler after replacing the worm gear. Loosen that coupler up and from the front of the motor (opposite end in which the coupler is on) push the shaft back as far as it will go. Hold it there while you tighten the coupler back up and then try it.

Old 01-29-10, 06:30 PM
D
Thank you. I will check it out.

Old 01-29-10, 06:55 PM
D
Got the new IC because I believed the other one was not holding due to slight wear from hitting the harness wire... it would pop off. I moved the wire out of the way and put the new IC on, but it still works loose. It has a metal ring. Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: