mice in shop

Old 12-11-00, 11:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

I dont have a question, but hopefully a new suggestion for a bettor mouse trap. I had been baiting traps for a few weeks trying to catch one wooly little sucker who was an expert at escaping the guilitine. Everynight it was the same story peanut butter gone and no hair on the wood. Accidently then I left an empty bag(25lb) of dog food with a few chunks still rolling around inside leaning up against my table saw. The next morning when I went to take the trash out of there I noticed a loud squirming coming from the bag. I looked in, and shook it and was surprised to see the mouse almost jump out of the bag. I emptied the little rascal, threw a couple more chunks in (he had cleaned her out)and leaned it back up. I'll be damned if the next night there wasnt two little fur balls in the bag.

I now leave a bag with a little food in it at all times, but the bag has to be pretty straight upas these little suckers can jump alot higher than I thought. I lost a few when shaking the bag to see if I had caught anything. If they can climb up next to it they cant seem to resist diving in and calling their freinds over to supper.

Old 12-12-00, 06:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I did an experiment several years ago to some lenght as to the best bait. I set three new traps (new is the key), and I baited one with regular american cheese, one with peanut butter, and one with chocolate hersey bar. I caught more on the candy bar and the cheese. Then I combined the cheese with the peanut butter and wham every time. Also the trick would be to remove other available food, and also put the traps along wall runs. Hope this helps. Also, get a cat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: