Water coming under garage doors

Old 06-10-11, 11:18 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water coming under garage doors

Last night during a rain storm I noticed water leaking in under my 2 garage doors. The doorseals on the bottom of the doors look to be in good shape. I'm thinking it's the concrete at the front of the garage being too low. How can I alleviate this problem? Add concrete to front of garage, change the doorseals? Really need some help here...thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-11, 12:48 PM
P
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
The door seals on the garage door are probably never going to you a water tight seal as there is probably some variation in the concrete and the door alignment as well as how close the door is to the ground when it stops at the "down" side of it's travel. From what I have seen, there is usually a lip poured so that the garage door is slightly higher than the concrete or asphalt drive. We are only talking .5" or.75" difference in height. That is not enough to keep poor drainage or a badly graded lanscape from directing water towards the garage. If this is something new for you, go out in the rain and watch to see where the water is coming from and going to. If your driveway is causing the water to puddle at the garage door, then consider some lanscaping changes to allow the water to roll off the sides of the drive and away from the garage door.

Old 06-11-11, 04:11 AM
Received 22 Votes on 22 Posts
Do a Google search for "tsunami seal" it can be expensive but works pretty good