LiftMaster opener problem

Old 06-28-11, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LiftMaster opener problem

I have a LiftMaster professional model 2265-267. Circuit board 41A5483.

The problem is very intermittent. Sometimes when opening or closing it just STOPS. It stops like someone pulled the power chord. It has done it at all heights. Sometimes it will stop only once or maybe 3 or 4 times while opening or closing. Sometimes it will open and close fine without any problems. When it happens I just have to keep hitting the opener until it works again. It has this problem with all of the remotes.

Could this need a new board?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-11, 04:17 PM
There is a possibility it is the board. I would pull it and check for burnt or missing traces on the printed circuit. If you have had electrical storms this is fairly common. I would also remove the cover from the motor unit and check the drive gear. It could be going bad and it will be obvious if it is. Normally white sawdust all over.

Old 06-28-11, 07:19 PM
I pulled the board and checked carefully for burnt or missing traces. It looked good. The gears looked great too. No dust. Is it possible that the board is still bad? I didn't see any loose connections while I was looking.
Thanks

Old 06-29-11, 02:25 PM
If it is the new type with 2 circuit boards (power supply & relays on one and everything else on the other) check the solder joints on the connectors that go from one board to the other.
If it is the single board check the solder joints on the transformer, you might resolder the transformer any way some times the cracks are too small to see (or my eyes are too old to see )

Old 06-29-11, 02:29 PM
There is a possibility a part on the board is starting to fail. Try increasing the up and down force adjustments. These controls are on the rear of the motor unit. It just may be that they were set at minimum when everything was new and now that things are aging it needs a little more oompff.

Old 07-03-11, 09:59 PM
I had a similar problem about 10 yrs. ago. It was the logic board that needed replaced. Sorry I don't recall what it cost.

Old 07-10-11, 03:24 PM
I replaced the board and it fixed the problem