Remotes wont work

Old 10-01-11, 05:15 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remotes wont work

I have a Sears garage door opener, about 8 years old. Electical opener works, but the remotes work sporadically or not at all. What's wrong?

Old 10-01-11, 06:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
It's possible your remotes are going bad, but more likely the electronics in the opener. You've tried fresh batteries in the remotes I assume? Our previous opener (Craftsman) had capability for three remote devices (2 clickers and an external wireless keypad). After many years you could only program 2 devices and a while later only one as the electronics slowly deteriorated. In your case I think I would get out the manual and clear & reprogram the remotes to see if that helps. One of the Door pros may be along with more info.

Old 10-01-11, 07:03 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
When you have a problem with more than one remote it is an indication that the receiver is going bad. The receiver is a part of the logic board and that is a fairly expensive part. If you want to check prices you will find the part number for the logic board on the end of the opener where all those white wires go. The part number starts with 41A. Do make sure your batteries in the remotes are good first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: