Legacy Garage Door Opener working intermittently

Old 07-17-12, 10:54 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Legacy Garage Door Opener working intermittently

We have a 3-year-old Legacy garage door opener that is working intermittently. We had the overhead door company out 3 times. The first time they oiled it and adjusted the clutches, the second time they replaced the circuit board, and I'm not sure what they did the third time. They said that they do not know what else to do. What else could be causing this unit to work intermittently?

Old 07-17-12, 10:59 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Can you give us a better explanation of what's happening than that it 'works intermittently'?

Old 07-17-12, 12:53 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One example--I could put it down as the truck was pulling away, but I would go out a few hours later, and all I got was humming when I pressed the button. It has been working for several days, but when I went to leave this morning, all I got was humming. I operated it manually, and a few hours later, re-engaged it, pressed the button, and now it is working again. I have no idea what will happen the next time I try. It works sometimes, and sometimes it does not.

Old 07-17-12, 02:39 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Although I have never run into an intermittent start capacitor I would suspect this right away. I would also not call that company again. I can't believe they would just give up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: