Chamberlain 3/4 Whisper drive may need a new logic board?

Old 09-29-12, 09:31 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chamberlain 3/4 Whisper drive may need a new logic board?

My door opener quit working with the remotes after a water leak above it. It did not get that wet. Still operates from wall console, but the remote controls will only work when I hold them right up next to the unit.

I called a repair shop who told me it is likely the logic board. If that is the problem, I can get one on line for $62. My questions are 1) Does this make sense it is the problem, and 2) I see 4 screws -- how hard is it to replace the board?

Old 09-29-12, 10:29 AM
E
It does sound like the logic board. If you have to hold it up to the unit, then it usually is the logic board. The other problem may be interference. Wireless doorbells usually cause interference. If you do change the logic board, its really easy to do it. Unplug the unit. Take off the four screws. Disconnect the wall button wires and safety sensor wires. Unplug the two wiring harness that connect to logic board. Plug new one in. Put everything back together and reprogram all remotes. Done

Old 09-29-12, 10:38 AM
S
Ok, that does not sound too hard. What I could not understand was how the remote stilll worked at all even up close, if the logic board has an issue.

I have seen a lot of comments on line about interference causing remote operation problems, but I have had no problem with this opener for about 3 or 4 years now. All of this started after my son managed to overflow a bathtub above it last weekend. Needless to say the GDO is only one of my repair jobs to be done.

Old 09-29-12, 11:27 AM
E
The water may have caused a short in the radio receiver part of the logic board. It does happen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: