Options for steep driveway

Old 02-02-01, 08:17 AM
whirichardson
Visiting Guest
Question

I wasn't sure what forum to use for this question. We have just moved into our new house and the drive way is very steep going up to the garage, like about a 45 degree. We've already experienced people slipping on ice and trucks sliding out of the driveway while in park and I'm concerned about the safety of a steep driveway. There's no way to change the grade, too late. So are there options to make this driveway safer? We're already considering landscaping steps alongside of the driveway for people traffic.

Thanks

Old 02-04-01, 05:04 PM
Jacksprat
Visiting Guest
Whoa, that's a major hill. Have you considered wheel chocks?

Old 02-05-01, 06:37 AM
whirichardson
Visiting Guest
For our cars yes. But our main concern is for the safety of people, esp. kids going up and down the driveway during winter, others trying to park in the driveway. Also when backing out of the garage you cannot see anything or anyone behind you until the front wheels clear the 4 ft level in front of the garage. We both feel this is dangerous so for now we're resigned to backing into the garage until I can figure out some method for seeing down the driveway. I was wondering if there's a way to groove the concrete or put in mini bumps that could increase traction on the driveway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: