Garage Renovation From Ground to Door lol

Old 02-09-14, 05:35 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Renovation From Ground to Door lol

Hey, first of all... I hope I am in the right section. I don't want to have a bad reputation or bother anyone here.

Haha, alright.

My garage door is 10 years old. I decided to replace the whole unit. Therefore, I will remove everything and install everything new.

I know I need the following, am I missing anything?

1. Garage door and opener
2. Rail/Track System
3. 2 Springs

VERY IMPORTANT:

I want to make the floor new. I have cement, but it's cracked and unleveled. Some how, some parts of the garage the ground has be raised by organic things put under LOL?..............

So what do I do....... break the cement or add cement on top? I have low ride cars, so if I add cement.. how do I make it so the car enter easily without bumps?

Old 02-09-14, 05:56 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,230 Upvotes on 1,989 Posts
It's hard to say what you should do with the floor without seeing what you have. You mention "organic things" cracking your floor. Do you think tree tree roots are the cause of your floor cracking?

Old 02-09-14, 11:08 PM
M
You're right, it was stupid from my part.

I will provide picture and everything soon, I hear that before building the house the add organic material that would prevent roots to grow. However, the material raises up! Lol. Crazy right?! The point is te ground is raised and not straight anymore. You'll see in the pics

Old 02-10-14, 01:50 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
not stupid, just ignorant - thankfully there's a cure for the latter but the former's often fatal

ok, i'm with you until i get the ' the building the house the add organic material that would prevent roots to grow. However, the material raises up! ' part then i'ze confused.

pics won't help me understand what in he** you're talking about,,, the ' raises ' sounds as if you're describing our-of-level floor that's risen due to expansive soils,,, anything organic would decay & settle therefore your floor would sink

what suggests this unknown product is organic OR would prevent roots from growing ? other than chopping them off OR removing the source tree, i'm not aware of any tree root pixie dust

i hate guessin' @ what people mean & can't/don't/won't properly express themselves

Old 02-12-14, 08:22 PM
M
GARAGE DOOR: 79"x105"
FLOOR: 247 SQRT FEET (OR LESS) =p
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdyseiriyovn9lm/fZl3V0--fY

I am looking to renovate my garage, the door and the door's system. Also, the floor needs new cements and a gridlock to finish.

1 Car Garage, I believe standard size if not, inch smaller
Its a small garage. Existing, but want to fully renovate it... remove all the old piece and build as new =D

I made a list of things I want to be done:
1. Exterior Frame and New Garage door (Lockable)
2. Garage door seal from bottom and top
3. New Rails/Track with New Spring System
4. Garage Door Opener
5. Flood cement and gridlock installation
5a. If applicable white paint for the walls
5b. If applicable cement on the bottom of the wall

My ground is not perfect flat (leveled) cement, I want the cement to be smooth so we can put gridlock on top. The wall base is made of cement, but there are few cracks.. I would like to patch those up... Wall needs to be repainted, but I can do that................. I need mostly garage installation.
I got no suppliers
I can buy the garage opener at Costco XD

Old 02-13-14, 04:58 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
wasn't aware 2spring doors were still popular - most here use 1 torsion spring @ the door's top,,, opener looks new as does track,,, can't say much about the floor w/o more pics,,, am ignorant of ' gridlock ' - what's that ?

Old 02-13-14, 05:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 857 Upvotes on 749 Posts
Around here, slabs are back filled with either gravel or slate rock. Like the others, I've never heard of any builder using anything organic for fill under a slab.

pics would be nice - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

btw - welcome to the forums!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: