I have a Wayne Dalton Quantum garage door opener problem

Old 04-14-14, 10:06 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a Wayne Dalton Quantum garage door opener problem

So the other day I get home and when my garage door starts to open I see my light bulb flash and my garage door opener stops working. Now it just clicks and nothing happens. I checked my light socket and the contact is fried. So I checked online and it looked like my surge supressor might be the problem. I ordered a new one along with a new light socket and just got done installing them. same problem, the weird thing is my light doesnt work. I would greatly appreciate some help thanks.

Old 04-15-14, 04:13 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Have you tested your garage opener by using an extension cord to plug it into a different circuit?

Old 04-15-14, 08:14 AM
K
The opener has power the little red light blinks and the opener clicks.

Old 04-15-14, 05:34 PM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Check the service manual and see if the blinking light is a code to indicate what the problem may be it may also be listed on the inside of the cover.
Geo

Old 04-16-14, 10:08 PM
K
I just checked the manual and there is no blink code section.

Old 04-24-14, 07:48 PM
T
Sounds like the capacitor. In which direction was the door traveling when the problem occured? Did the door travel to its full open or close position before malfunctioning?

Old 04-25-14, 07:34 AM
K
capacitor

everything ive read about the capacitor says you can hear them humming. i cant hear anything.

Old 04-27-14, 12:23 AM
T
I have never heard a door opener capacitor hum, some machines have a 24v transformer that hums, but your quantum doesn't have that. Capacitors are relatively cheap and easy to replace just be sure to match the voltage and microfarads as printed on the existing capacitor. If it doesn't work then you're out about $9 but you can cross that off the list of possible causes

Old 04-27-14, 12:29 AM
T
The capacitor wouldn't have made it stop mid cycle though now that I'm really thinking hard about it. It only helps start the motor, once started the machine should move on its own. Some times those Wayne dalton machines will sense small fluctuations of abnormal force and will be stubborn until you relearn the forces. Check the manual to reset the machine and relearn the forces. Have you tried holding the wall control button instead of just momentary contact?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: