Tiki bar!

Old 05-08-14, 10:22 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tiki bar!

Hopefully this is the right place for this question... it's kind of an unusual one. We recently had an in-ground pool built in our backyard. Behind the pool is a slightly run down shed that my wife wanted me to take down but I refused, so now it's a bit of an eyesore. We decided to move everything to the garage & convert the shed into a tiki bar.

Attached is a photo of the inside of the shed currently. Dimensions are 11'-17' so there is good room to work with. I have never done a real remodeling, and we're trying to keep costs very low, so here is where we're going - I want to put wood paneling on the walls (maybe whitewash) and vinyl tiles on the floor (that look like wood). I'm going to paint the outside and have already ordered the thatch roof material, and of course we are decorating it with a lobster net on the ceiling, television, bar, etc. It should be a lot of fun!

So I had two questions:
(1) The roof is fairly low, so using standard 8' paneling will require a whole lot of cutting. Are there any easier ideas for a wall with the vertical portion just under 6' high?
(2) We are open to any other fun and creative ideas! I've done so many maintenance and repair projects that I'm looking forward to a project like this.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Andy

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-14, 12:25 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,230 Upvotes on 1,989 Posts
You can run 4x8' sheeting material horizontally. That way you cut one sheet in half and can use it with two 4' wide sheets. Maybe use a plan paneling with no grooves or just plywood. Paint it black, brown or some other neutral then get some reed fencing and attach to the face inside for a Gilligan's Island look.

Old 05-08-14, 02:12 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tiki bar!

Thanks man, that's a great idea! I just found some reed fancing on Amazon for a good price. That will look great!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: