(Post Moved) Genie ISD 990 garage door opener

Old 06-18-14, 06:09 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
(Post Moved) Genie ISD 990 garage door opener

Hi all. Found this awesome forum so I joined up. I would appreciate any insight you guys can give me.

So I have a older Genie ISD series garage door opener. Last weekend went to close garage door and it just went half way down and stopped. So I went in garage and checked the safety beams, the wall switch and all seemed OK. I looked at the opener and it didnt have any power. I was in a rush so I unhooked door, shut it and came back later that day.

So I make sure it's got 120v coming in. I check the small transformer and it has 120V at the primary but it didnt have anything coming out at the secondary. Being how this is a proprietary part for Genie that Tyco electronics makes I can't find out what the secondary voltage is supposed to be. Thus I couldnt find a replacement. If I just stick a 120 to 24 transformer there that 24 on the secondary will make 33dc on to the sequencer and possibly mess it up.

So what I did was find a 24V DC supply and hook it up to the secondary through hole pads. I now get 24 volts at the ribbon cable but when I hook it up to the sequencer board it loads it down to 5Vdc

Sequencer board bad?

Old 06-19-14, 05:16 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nevermind. The sequencer board has a short from ground to the output on the 5VDC power chip. Cant find it so it must be internal on the board. Will have to ditch the opener. Thanks for looking though.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: