Garage Door remote control not working

Old 07-24-14, 06:23 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage Door remote control not working

My garage door opener will not work all the time. After pressing wall mounted opener in morning to get out the remote control will not close the garage door. However when I return from work or at the lunch the remote will open the door everytime.Just seems like remote needs time after opening/closing to work. Wall mount opener works everytime. Any ideas? New battery in remote.

Old 07-24-14, 08:13 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Check and see if the morning sun is "blinding" one of your door sensors in the morning. With the sun at different angles,. depending on the time of year, this could be a temporary event - if the sun shines into your garage in the A.M..

Old 07-24-14, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I agree that sounds like the likely issue. You may have to make a sunshade of some sort. Something as simple as a cardboard tube taped in place.....

Your sensors will have to be exactly re-aligned afterwards most likely.

Old 07-25-14, 11:31 AM
M
No sun

There was no sun this morning and still no luck. Any suggestion on how to realign sensors to see if that is problem?

Old 07-25-14, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
There should be LEDs on the sensors. Colors vary, but one will be green and the other maybe amber? When the beam is interrupted a light will either go out or change color. If they are functioning correctly, no real need to realign.

You really need to do a little checking to see whats going on when you leave in the morning. Go back in the garage and see what any status lights on the sensors and powerhead unit are doing. Even better, take the remote in the garage with you and try to activate it.

Old 07-29-14, 11:22 AM
M
Still no luck

Ok. The garage door would work again after about five minutes of opening with door mounted opener. I tried to reset remote several times and now the set up goes fine but the light on the receiver just blinks when I push button on remote. Wall mount opener still works fine. Any other suggestions? or should I just call a service guy.

Old 07-29-14, 11:45 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
As to the "eyes", Clean the lenses with a damp cloth and dry. The LED light on each unit should burn steady. Placing your hand in front of either unit should cause the red LED unit to blink.

If you have repeatedly programmed your remote to the same opener, it may be unable to accept any further codes and is now seeing your remote as a illegal entry try. If you have your manual, erase all the codes from the memory on the receiver and then enter your remote - just once.

Old 08-09-14, 03:12 PM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'll throw in a suggestion. I've dealt with a intermittently functioning remote and I'll explain the solution I discovered. I opened the remote, removed the battery, and filed the battery contacts with a small file. Then, I put the battery back in the remote and it has worked fine since then. This happened over 6 months ago, as I recall. The remote uses the type of battery shown at http://www.duracell.com/en-us/produc...kaline-battery

Old 08-10-14, 03:55 AM
Received 26 Votes on 26 Posts
do you have LED or compact florescent installed in the garage door opener? these type of lights will cause interference with the remote transmitter when they are illuminated

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: