Concrete Garage Floor Water Damage

Old 07-25-14, 12:24 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Concrete Garage Floor Water Damage

A section of my garage floor became damaged due to a roof-mounted evap cooler that leaked down onto it over the past few years. The leak has since been fixed but the damage is done.
The area where the water leaked has become crumbly, for lack of a better term. The area affected is approx 6'x8' with the most pronounced damage in the center of the area.
Is there anything I can do to stop the deterioration of the floor and/or resurface that area to some degree? Although the leak is fixed and it no longer is wet all the time, it continues to disintegrate and crumble to the point that every time I sweep or blow out the garage, there is a cloud of dust and tiny gravel that is blown out.
When you look at the big picture and compare it to the rest of the floor, you can see that it's not as smooth and you can feel how coarse it is when you walk on it but it's not so bad that it's become lower in the affected area - but I don't want it to get to that point.

Your suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve
Chandler, AZ

Old 07-25-14, 03:55 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
A quick and fast solution is a using TOP & BOND. It's not a permanent fix but it should last several years before needing to be done again.

Old 08-04-14, 04:09 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
a more permanent solution's to apply a high weight methyl-methacrylate crack healer w/broadcast aggregate on top,,, here's a study done by oregon dot - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...72197243,d.b2U - good luck !

Old 08-04-14, 01:46 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: