Genie 2024 garage door opener

Old 07-26-14, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Genie 2024 garage door opener

Hello,
I stumbled across this site and also have a problem with the Genie 2024 garage door opener. I replace the whole system on the first garage door and it is working just fine. That was 4 months ago. I now have the same problem on the second garage door,(no operation up or down), however these garage door openers were 2 years old as of May, 2014. I cannot believe that two garage door openers will go bad within 4 months of each other and both be close to 2 years old without there being some type of material defect or poor workmanship.
I know things happen, however I can find not information from the company acknowledging a defect or recall for this model. The doors both worked fine when I closed them, however when I went to open them again hours later the light came on, went off, came back on, flashed twice, and then went back off. That is the only thing that happened, no door movement at all. I took the first one apart and determined that the motor had indeed broke. I opted to just buy a completely new unit and just swapped it out, made the needed adjustments and no problems so far. With this unit I am of the opinion to go with a different brand as I have stated there is an issue with this model or brand.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-14, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if there is a question here? If you verified the motor was bad, why not just contact Genie and get a new one? They are warranted for 10 yrs. Were there any trouble codes showing by the blinking LED on the power head?

I like Genie products and I like the company itself. Very good at tech assist and warranty work or parts. I DON'T like any chain drive openers though, no matter who makes them.