Allister 3000 will not close unless forced

Old 08-02-14, 08:44 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Allister 3000 will not close unless forced

I have an Allister 3000 garage door unit. I believe I my children's ball hit the sensor and damaged it or knocked something out. I've aligned it in the past when it gets knocked around, and know when the light is on its working.

Everything else right now works fine other than closing the door. It goes up fine with button and remote and only goes down if I hold the wall button down till full close.

I see no light on the sensors anymore, Ive checked the wires and they are still going into the back of the box. Ive tried to align it but there is no night flashing on to indicate it sees its partner sensor.

I'm not much of an electrician so troubleshooting tools here are not really an option.

I'm fine with bypassing these sensors if possible, can I do something on the main box to do this?

Old 08-02-14, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Nope, no way to bypass. It's been tried by some electronics types here and they couldn't do it. It's not safe to do so anyway.

Sounds like you'll need to get some new sensors. They aren't that expensive and there are many places on the 'net to buy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: