Garage Door isnt Level?

Old 01-04-15, 01:17 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Door isnt Level?

So I have a single car garage door and I've noticed for the past few years that the door is not level. It has a drop of 1 inch from one side to the other. The floor to ceiling measurements are all even however, the brackets that hold the track to the ceiling aren't lined up as one is closer to the door and one is farther, so I am not sure if that could be the problem.

I was wondering if theres an easy fix to it like adjusting the tracks etc. If its easy and not so labor intensive I am willing to do it otherwise I'm just going to leave it as the house is for sale anyways. I would attach more photos if need be.

Also, The garage was converted from a carport from a previous owner either in the late 90's or early 2000's and by the looks of it and even in the pictures, they did a ****ty job. The photos attached are of the drop in one side and an overall photo of the garage door from the interior.

I didn't mean for those 2 to turn sideways but I guess they are readable.
Name:  IMG_6626.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  37.2 KB Name:  IMG_6628.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  31.3 KB Name:  IMG_6629.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  43.8 KB

Last edited by Brandon Morey; 01-04-15 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-04-15, 04:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You would really have a job on your hand since you have a spring loaded rail right where you need to adjust it. I do not recommend DIY adjustment of the spring. Rather than going by the measurements, lay a level across the door angle bracket. If it is level, then the garage was not built very well, and the measurements will prove it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: