Craftsman garage door opener remote not working

Old 05-09-15, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman garage door opener remote not working

We recently moved into a house with a Craftsman 139.53970SRT garage door. We did not receive a door remote with it. We purchased a Chamberlain universal remote and tried to program it. The Craftsman unit acts like it recognizes the remote and programs (the light bulb blinks on), but the remote button does not open the garage door. When we push the remote button, the green light on the back of the Craftsman unit blinks and that's it. The wall button opens the door and is the standard button (no lock or light button). It actually looks like a door bell button.

I've tried researching what could be the issue online but haven't had any luck finding a solution. We are tight on money so I really don't want to start replacing parts without knowing the true cause. The only solution I've seen that could have been it was the lock button being on, but we do not have one. Also, we do not have an outside panel, just the one wall button. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by PJmax; 05-09-15 at 04:55 PM. Reason: corrected model number
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-15, 04:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 409 Votes on 384 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Was your current unit listed in the chart for the universal remote ?
Most remote controls work on the same frequency (which is why the light is blinking) but they use different coding methods.

What color is the learn button ?