Chamberlain HD900D Garage Door Opener Now Has Endlessly Flashing Lights

Old 12-12-15, 07:03 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Chamberlain HD900D Garage Door Opener Now Has Endlessly Flashing Lights

Recently both my light bulbs burned out in my Chamberlain garage door opener, one on Monday and the other on Thursday. So I replaced them both today with the same type bulbs. As soon as I screwed them in, the bulbs started flashing what seems like a code...on and off. The sequence seems to be that one side turns on, then off, followed immediately by both sides turning on and off together. Then there is a short pause and the cycle repeats itself again...over and over...and never stops.

This is not the LED light, but the two standard light bulbs themselves.

If I open the garage door, the lights go on solid like they would normally, but as soon as they time out and go off, like they would normally, they immediately go back and start the same flashing cycle again. I tried to reset the opener, ran the self check sequence...nothing seems to work.

The Chamberlain garage door motor opens and closes the door normally. The obstruction safety sensors are aligned/active and working properly. The car remotes all work properly, the entrance wireless keypad works properly, and the inside wall switch works properly.

The only issue seems to be the flashing light sequence which I Googled and didn't find any fix in the web searches. Anything I did find that talked about flashing lights spoke about the door itself not working or operating normally.

Any help or suggestions from you pros would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

haslamjd

Old 12-12-15, 07:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Check this out for your troubleshooting
Having A Problem? (troubleshooting) - Chamberlain WHISPER DRIVE HD900D Manual [Page 35]
I had a problem with a chamberlain and you can call them or e mail. I did both and got answers in a day.

Old 12-14-15, 08:32 AM
H
It was past their time of operations over the weekend, and their email web page has errors. I will try and call them today (Monday).

The manual has no answer for this issue, only for the blinking led that I can tell. A web search isn't much help either.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Old 01-04-16, 08:10 AM
H
Cool

I finally got time to contact Chamberlain, and the problem I was having was with me replacing the incandescent light bulbs with LED bulbs (same watt equivalent, just a different type). In the original post I stated that I used the same type bulbs, but what I meant was that the wattage were the same as the original. (We just put solar panels on our roof, and have been replacing all our incandescent bulbs when they burn out with LED equivalent bulbs.)

Apparently my garage door opener doesn't play nice with LED bulbs (go figure!). To fix the issue I replaced the LED bulbs with some new, but very hard to find, incandescent bulbs, and the flashing went away and all seems well again. I hope next time that the bulbs burn out that I can still find some incandescent bulbs again, they are almost impossible to find in my area anymore.

Hope this helps someone else.

JD

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: