Chamberlain HD520EVP opener TTC feature set up

Old 01-27-16, 04:24 PM
Received 13 Votes on 10 Posts
Chamberlain HD520EVP opener TTC feature set up

SO I have a darm mystery on hand.
I just had 2 of those openers installed. They came from Home Depot.
Page 32 of user manual says that it has timer to close feature. Not enabled or else - has it.
Yet, there are NO instructions how to set it up.
Started calling Chamberlain. They sent me wrong instructions. Didn't know answer. Finally, today guy told me that though i "do have TTC feature but because I have basic control panel, it can not be set up".
I'll let it be what I think about this but here's 2 questions:
1. is there any way to set up TTC "as is"? Opener has 4 buttons - 3 programming: Up/rectangular/down and round learn button. Control panel has flip lid and underneath are Learn and Lock buttons. That's it
2. There is a control pane with "advanced features" with Chamberlain name on it, has motion sensor and TTC button and some other ones. Not even that expensive, less than 40 bucks. No telling if it's compatible with my opener, period.
Crazy. This opener is like the best kept Chamberlain secret.
Any thoughts?
This is the opener:
http://www.liftmaster.com/CatalogRes...s/114A4799.pdf
P. 32 says "it is equipped with TTC feature" and page 33 shows control panel.
And if you go here:
http://www.chamberlain.com/CatalogRe...s/114A4309.pdf

page 33 will show that "smart" control panel that I am trying to figure out if it will work with mine.

Old 01-27-16, 06:38 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you go to pg. 34, it gives the instructions for setting the motion control panel which I believe is the 881 LM. The other supplied panel would be the 880LM.

You can also Google the model and find info on programing them. I just saw a video clip about it.

Old 01-27-16, 07:18 PM
That's not my question. My question is - is the smart /motion panel compatible with my garage opener?

Old 01-27-16, 07:32 PM
G
I would think that it would. Of course I'm not trying to out guess the factory, but it appears that the motion control or smart panel, as you call it, would work. The timing is in the panel and simply sends a close pulse to the operator at the set time.

For peace of mind, make sure that you can return the smart panel if it does not work.

Old 01-27-16, 08:11 PM
I am NOT calling Chamberlain again. Four attempts got me nowhere. I think it should work as indeed, TTC is IN the control panel. WDF they wrote that OPENER is equipped with TTC beats me.

Old 01-28-16, 02:56 PM
G
Let us know what happens - for our edification and for those who may also have a problem.

Old 01-28-16, 03:03 PM
What also gets me is that right next to those openers, there is functional old Liftmaster, as in 10 yo, with no fancy shmancy control panel - and it's on TTC.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: